I wanted to get this message out because I feel that Richard Louv has a message that is important to every parent and teacher. He and his writing has helped to form my ideas and philosphy on children and Nature. I wrote an article on Children and Nature that was very much inspired his book “Last Child in the Woods”.
Make the time to go if you can. Please check back with us and let us know what you thought about it.
- Back to Nature Luncheon – Co-Hosted by the South Florida Science Museum & Arthur R. Marshall Foundation
- March 25, 2011
- 12 Noon / Ritz Carlton Palm Beach (100 South Ocean Boulevard, Manalapan)
- $125 per person
- A Unified Conservation Message presented by the Arthur R. Marshall Foundation, Palm Beach Zoo & South Florida Science Museum featuring journalist and nature advocate Richard Louv, author of the landmark book, Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder, and chairman and co-founder of the Children & Nature Network.
- Honorary Chairs: Jenny Prior Brown, Michelle Diffenderfer, & Harvey E. Oyer III
- Entertainment: Pine Jog Elementary School’s Music Club
- Please RSVP by Friday, March 18, 2011. You may register securely online at www.artmarshall.org or call 561-805-TREE (8733).
- Sponsorship Opportunities (all levels include VIP Reception and signed copies of Last Child in the Woods)
- $2,500 Benefactor: 12 Luncheon tickets for sponsor’s use, plus underwriting of 8 seats for educators and students.
- $1,500 Supporter: 8 Luncheon tickets for sponsor’s use, plus underwriting of 4 seats for educators and students.
- $500 Friend: 2 Luncheon tickets for sponsor’s use, plus underwriting of2 seats for educators and students.