As I take down my tree today, I thought some of you might be interested in this! Still not sure where to go in Palm Beach County though! Let us know if you have any ideas!
Friday, December 26, 2014, through Monday, January 19, 2015,
-regular weekend and holiday gate entrance fee will not be in effect for recyclers, so there’s no excuse not to do the right thing.
-Hours vary; call the park of your choice for details.
- Brian Piccolo Park & Velodrome, 9501 Sheridan St., Cooper City 33024; 954-357-5150
- C. B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines 33028; 954-357-5170
- Easterlin Park, 1000 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park 33309; 954-357-5190
- Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd. South, Coconut Creek 33063; 954-357-5198
- Markham Park & Target Range, 16001 W. State Rd. 84, Sunrise 33326; 954-357-8868
- Plantation Heritage Park, 1100 S. Fig Tree Lane, Plantation 33317; 954-357-5135
- Reverend Samuel Delevoe Park, 2520 N.W. Sixth St., Fort Lauderdale 33311; 954-791-1036
- Snake Warrior’s Island Natural Area, 3600 S.W. 62nd Ave., Miramar 33023; 954-357-8776
- Tradewinds Park & Stables, 3600 W. Sample Rd., Coconut Creek 33073; 954-357-8870
- Tree Tops Park, 3900 S.W. 100th Ave., Davie 33328; 954-357-5130
- T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park, 3300 N. Park Rd., Hollywood 33021; 954-357-8811
- Vista View Park, 4001 S.W. 142nd Ave., Davie 33330; 954-357-8898
- West Lake Park, 751 Sheridan St., Hollywood 33019; 954-357-5161
When i worked at the Zoo (a nonprofit organization) the Resource Depot was my best source for crafts for summer camp. I know it is also a favorite for teachers! Teachers and Non Profits can shop there for free and get all kinds of donated used materials that can be turned into fabulous crafts and activities for kids! So I wanted to post this for them! This is a great service and one that most Palm Beach County kids benefit from and probably don’t even know it! All you have to do is go to the mall and ride the merry-go-round!
The Resource Depot requests your presence at our Annual “Evening for the Earth” Celebration
Date: Thursday, May 12th, 2011
Time: 6pm to 9pm
Where: Downtown at the Gardens Centre Court, Palm Beach Gardens
Join us for an evening of celebration and support Resource Depot!
Entertainment and exhibits from local schools (music and art), silent auction and food and wine pavilion ($10 for advance tickets, $15 at the door).
Silent auction will feature gift certificates from local restaurants, golf courses, original pieces by local artists, and other beautiful items!
Turn in your ticket to win a door prize!
Proceeds from ticket sales, auction and carousel will benefit Resource Depot.