Coral Springs Mall is hands down the most kid friendly mall in the North Fort Lauderdale area. The mall is on Atlantic Blvd just before University Blvd in Coral Springs and has everything to make a day of shopping an outing that the entire family will enjoy. The mall has many childrens’ stores like Gymboree, Macy’s Children’s store, Stride Rite, Build a Bear Workshop, Children’s Place, Rave Girl, Gap Kids, and The Disney Store. I love to shop for my girl there! This mall has clearly held the comfort of family shopping in its design right down to the placement of small kid tables in the food court.
The bathrooms near the play area are no exception to the thought and consideration this mall has put into the families who patronize their mall. The bathrooms offer separate private nursing rooms with changing areas as well as separate family restrooms with changing tables. The family restroom has 2 low toilets with safety seats making it convenient place for potty training little ones use. Where other malls combine these functions into one room these bathroom services are in completely different rooms making wait times to get into them minimal if at all.
The play area is moderately sized with lots of hands on activity walls, a small slide, and lots of climbing spots like a soft caterpillar and a boat. This is a fabulous spot to take a break with a cup of coffee and let the little ones burn off their pent up energies. Make sure to bring a friend with you so you can take turns watching the kids and get a chance to do a little shopping on your own. The only thing that many parents say is that they wish the play area had a gate to make it a little more difficult for the kids to run out.
Near the play area is the very popular salt water fish tank. It is a must stop place for all kids and there is never a lack of children pointing out “Dory” and “Nemo”!
There are a wide variety of quarter rides, however most of them are 75 cents. Kids will love to climb on Thomas the Train, a London Bus, a Space Shuttle and so much more. I have managed to hide the fact that these things take money so my daughter thinks they are mostly just to climb on! Another section is for the stuffed animal rides. The ride has many different animals of all different sizes available for a minimal fee, the kids will love this little safari animal ride.
Last but not least is the Train Ride. This is the absolute favorite of all kids. For $2 the kids can climb aboard and ring the train bell. Make sure to make the train the last activity of the day because the kids are not going to want to leave after this!
Sawgrass Mills Mall offers gazillions (yes that is the technical term) of great shopping opportunities. It has great kid friendly play areas and rides. Not to mentions store after store after store after store……………… (well you get the idea) of indoor and outdoor shopping. It’s freaking big!
While the rest of the country is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (the light being spring and the tunnel being winter) we are looking for things to do with the kids that include air-conditioning!
Here are 11 reasons to take the kids to Sawgrass Mills for a playdate.
It’s less crowed on weekdays and far more fun! It does get pretty crazy on
the weekends, so go early in the day if have to go on the weekends.
2. Air-Conditioning: I suppose I don’t need to explain the benefits of this one since our heat index can be well over 100 for weeks on end in South Florida.
3. Feed the kids for free: Okay, not really free, but with three different food courts, you can walk around and get samples enough to fill a 3 year old for sure!
4. Carousel: What more can I say?? What kid doesn’t like a carousel?
5. Climbing Wall:
One more way
to wear that kid out! We love the climbing wall!
6. Sawgrass Mills Mall Rainforest Cafe and Store: We love to wonder around the shop and look at all the animatronic animals and cute stuff! Little ones and big kids a like love to look at the fish tanks too! They do have reasonably priced lunches and a kids menu. It’s like dinner and a show!
7. Walking: it’s a huge place and all the walking alone will wear out the kids (and you) so you can have a peaceful evening!
8. Rainforest Café Playground at Sawgrass Mills: This is a great play area. If you are one of “those parents” (like me) who don’t like for your child to be out of your site, then this may not be the place for you. It looks like tons of fun though. It usually looks fairly clean inside and well maintained, although some of my
mommy friends say they have seen it pretty dirty (Maybe during the busy times). There are lots of benches for the parents to hang out on by the entrance, so the kids can’t run off.
9. Coin Rides: I don’t know why, but these are so popular and the kids love them. My daughter loves them even when I don’t have coins for her. She just likes to climb on them! There is also a little Coin op Carousel in the mall (can’t remember where) that rides 3. It’s great because there are usually other kids on it and if each parents donates coins the kids get to ride longer.
10. Bungee Jumping: If the kids still are not tired just strap them up to bungees and let them wear themselves out on the trampolines. You actually get a decent amount of time on them especially if there is not much of a line behind you! This is guaranteed to wear the kids out!
11. Air-conditioning: Did I mention this one already? Well it’s important!
Sawgrass Mills Mall
12801 West Sunrise Blvd
Sunrise, FL 33323